Tequila Sunrise Recipe
This quick and easy Tequila Sunrise recipe delights the palate with a harmonious blend of tequila, citrusy brightness from orange juice, and a sweet kiss of grenadine, creating a refreshing and tropically inspired taste sensation.
Quick and Easy Tequila Sunrise Recipe
The Tequila Sunrise, a cocktail as visually striking as it is delicious, gained popularity in the 1970s, reaching iconic status as a symbol of leisure and tropical relaxation. Originating in Sausalito, California, this vibrant concoction blends tequila, orange juice, and grenadine, creating a visually stunning gradient reminiscent of a sunrise. Its enduring appeal lies not only in its refreshing taste but also in its ability to transport drinkers to sun-soaked beaches with each sip, making it a timeless favorite for those seeking a taste of paradise in a glass.
- 2 ounces tequila blanco (aka silver)
- 4 ounces orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 ounce LAVA grenadine syrup
- 1 optional garnish: orange slice or cherry
- In a chilled highball glass filled with ice add tequila and orange juice
- Carefully top off with grenadine which will sink to the bottom creating a layered drinks
- Garnish with an orange slice or cherry